Formatting your document or essay for the very first time?
Worried, how will you do it?
Don't worry. It's all about understanding the different available formats and the different procedures that are used to format documents or essay writer free online in different formats.
With time new and more advanced formats or styles are available that can be used by writers and students to format their documents or essays. The most commonly used formats are APA, MLA, AMA, Chicago, Harvard, IEEE, ASA, and Turabian. These formats are used to format documents as well as to add citations into the document to reference the information of external sources you have used in your document or essay. These different formats or styles are formed on some basic rules and guidelines. These rules and guidelines differentiate the different types of formats from one another. Among all the available formats APA format is the format that is mostly preferred by writers and students. Een readers like this format and want their documents to be formatted and cited in this format. Writers and students can use the format of their own choice. Professional writers however give preference to their readers and use a format that is preferred by their audience or readers.
Generally, a student who is assigned an essay and is asked to format that essay for the very first time in any given format often hesitates to do it. This hesitation is because they have never done it before and they seek help from online services like the cheapest essay writing service to help them format their essay. But students will realize after reading this guideline that formatting essays or documents are very easy; they just need to know the procedure.
Procedure for formatting document in APA style
Mentioned below is a short and simple guide that will help students and essay writer in formatting their document in APA style:
- First comes the title page of the document. In APA style the title pages involve 4 basic elements. In these four elements, one most important one is the information including the header which will be explained in the next step. The remaining three elements involve: First the full title of the topic that is addressed in the document; this title can be the essay’s or research paper’s topic. Second, the name of the author or the writer who wrote the document. Third, extra information such as institutional affiliation or author’s notes. These are not so necessary but writers can include them if they want.
- In APA style some information is included. On the title page write “Running Head” and the shortened name of the title of your document on the left side of the header. The title should not be of more than 40 characters and should be written in uppercase letters. On the right-hand side of the header include the page number. Headers of all other pages of the document will involve shortened title and page number only i.e. no need to write running head.
- The entire document will be in times new roman style, in 12 size and double spaced. Heading one should be centered and bolded. Heading two should be bold and left-aligned. Heading three should be bold, left-aligned, and one tab distance forward.
- The whole document should be written in a 1-page margin.
- Sources can be cited in APA style both manually and by using Microsoft Word’s built-in feature or using citation software like Zotero etc.
- A reference page at the end of the document is included.
This was the simple procedure or guide to help students or new writers in formatting their documents in APA style. Students or writers can however take help from their instructors or they can also use online services like an essay writer service if they are stuck somewhere and need help.