Looking for the process to fix QuickBooks runtime library errors and Microsoft visual C++ issues? If yes, then reading this post till the end will surely work for all QuickBooks users. Runtime errors are pretty much common in QuickBooks. The error can be very much frustrating and can appear on the screen with a warning message that says: “This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.”
If you are also facing such an error, then reading this post will surely be of great assistance. Read this post to find out the right fixes to QuickBooks runtime library errors. Or contact our technical support team for any further assistance.
Steps to be followed to fix QuickBooks runtime library errors and Microsoft visual C++ problems
The user can perform the below steps and procedures to fix QuickBooks runtime library errors.
Method 1: Changing the name of QBW.INI file
- The user is recommended to use windows file search tool to find the file on the system
- And then locate the QBW.INI and right click and choose rename option
- Now, QuickBooks suggests changing the name of the file to .old extension and the file would look like qbw.old
- Also, save changes by pressing enter tab.
Method 2: Close all open windows
- The user should press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and check if QBW.exe is running on the system
- Ensure that qbw.exe isn’t running and then right click the QuickBooks icon
- The user will then have to press ctrl key and hold that down
- After that hit open tab
- And also press and hold Alt key from the no company open screen
- The user then needs to keep pressing the alt key and also click on open to launch the company file.
- The last step is to open the company file and it keeps any other windows from opening.
Getting rid of the QuickBooks runtime library error and Microsoft visual C++ issue can be a little problematic if the above steps are not followed properly.
If you are facing the issue even after carrying out the steps above, then QuickBooks users can call our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787, and they will provide you with the best services.