Ended up into QuickBooks error code 6144? Well, if that is the case, then reading this post till the end can be of much help. It is one of the many errors that can be seen when using QuickBooks desktop. This error is often seen when opening any company file that is used by any other application. This error is related to the company file that is incorporated with the company’s accounting details. Such an error appears when something goes wrong or inappropriate occurs with the company file.
QuickBooks error code 6144 can be resolved by performing certain steps. To know more make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also reach out to us, and our team will ensure to provide you with immediate tech assistance.
What causes QuickBooks error code 6144?
Below are the causes of QuickBooks error 6144:
- In case there is any recent QuickBooks related change can also induce corruption in the windows registry, ultimately leading to the error.
- Another reason can be incomplete installation or damaged download of QuickBooks can be one major factor.
- Also, corrupted windows system files or QuickBooks related program files due to a virus or malware infection.
- Another factor leading to the I can be pernicious deletion of QuickBooks related files caused by any other program.
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6144
The user can try fixing the issue by performing the steps below:
- The very first step is to sign into QuickBooks as admin.
- After that, open QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- And then wait for the software to open it.
- Select the browser and click on company file.
- Now, choose the browser and click on company file.
- Choose whether or not the current company file is hosted on the system or the server.
- The next step is to choose the right option for the question that will appear.
- Scan for the errors with the file or the network issues using file doctor tool.
- The next step is to shut down the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- And open QuickBooks desktop.
Fixing the QuickBooks error code 6144 can be a little easy once the steps above are implemented properly.
However, if you have any query or if you are still unable to fix the issue, then in that case contact our QuickBooks error support team professionals at 1-800-761-1787, and they will come up with the best possible support services immediately.