Ending up in error code like 6000 77 in QuickBooks is pretty much common, especially when the file is stored in an incorrect folder. This error basically belongs to the 6000 errors series and appear on the screen stating “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem”. There can be too many factors causing such an error, which we will be discussing in this post.
Thus, to find out the entire steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77 involved, the user can go through the post, or can also contact our technical support team for any further assistance.
What leads to QuickBooks error code -6000, -77?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- In case the company file is placed on the local drive which is on an external storage device.
- If a mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file.
- Another reason can be the number of files opened with reference to the mapped drive on QuickBooks.
- The user can end up in such an error if QuickBooks is run in multi-user mode when facing the error.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 77
The user can try performing the below stated steps, so as to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 77:
Step 1: Recreating the damaged folder
- The very first step is to create a new folder on C drive.
- And then open the folder that has the company file data saved.
- After that locate the qbw file.
- And also right click the qbw file and choose copy.
- The user should now create a new folder.
- And also paste the qbw file in the new folder.
- The next step is to create an access with windows permissions so that the company file will be shareable.
- The last step is to open QuickBooks file from the new file location.
By the end of this post, the user might successfully get a brief about the process to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 successfully. However, for further technical assistance, you can reach out to our QuickBooks pro error support team of professionals at +1-844-405-0906, and let them handle the situation on your behalf.
Also Visit: Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404