QuickBooks error H202 can be seen on the desktop screen, when the user tries to open the company file in a multi-user mode. This error also prevents QuickBooks in performing the task. Such an error can also be seen with a warning message stating “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. When this error occurs, QuickBooks user might fail to open a company file located on another system.
In case you are interested in resolving QuickBooks error H202, then today’s post can be of certain assistance to you. For further details, you can get in touch with our team of professionals at 1-800-761-1787, and our team will be more than happy to help you.
What triggers QuickBooks error H202?
The QuickBooks error code H202 can be triggered by the following factors:
- The main reason can be if hosting settings are misconfigured
- Also, the exchange of data between QuickBooks and server is being blocked by the firewall software
- DNS settings aren’t configured properly
- Moreover, if the .nd files are corrupted or damaged
- In case there is any issue with QuickBooks database server manager
- Host’s or server’s IP address isn’t available to QuickBooks desktop
Steps for fixing the QuickBooks error code H202
One can easily get rid of the QuickBooks error code H202 by carrying out the required set of steps. Let us check out the steps involved one by one:
Method 1: Making a new folder for QuickBooks company file
- Under this method, the user needs to make a new folder on the server
- And then, change the permissions so that this new folder and QuickBooks company files can be shared
- The next step is to use Ctrl and C keys for copying .qbw file to the new folder
- And also, open QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode
- The last step is to check if error continues or is fixed
Method 2: Move to the windows host file and add server
In this method, the user needs to first move to the windows host file and add sever. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- Here, the user needs to first close QuickBooks
- And then, the user should navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server
- The next step is to click on hosts file twice
- When asked to for a program, the user should click on notepad
- Now, one needs to type IP address then the name of the system. For the server, put the IP of workstation and name of the computer. For a workstation, the user should put IP of server and name of the computer to the separate name of computer and IP address, press tab key on the keyboard instead of space bar
- Now, check for QuickBooks H202 error by opening QB in multi-user mode
Getting rid of QuickBooks error code H202 isn’t a tough nut to crack. One can easily get rid of such an error by carrying out the above discussed steps.
However, if the error persists even after carrying out the required steps, then we suggest you not to waste time and simply speak to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team right away. Make a call at 1-800-761-1787, and we will be there to assist you.