QuickBooks offers the feature to backup company file and data that can be used for accidental loss of data. However, QuickBooks unable to backup company file is a major issue in QuickBooks. A backup is data that you need to recreate your company file. Therefore, in order to avoid any mess related to the data, it is suggested to get rid of the issue instantly.
Read this post ahead to find out the process to fix the QuickBooks unable to backup company file error. Or contact our team professionals, if the user doesn’t want to fix the issue manually.
Why this error happens?
The QuickBooks unable to backup company file error can be caused due to the following reasons:
- The very first cause can be if the company file name exceeds 65 characters
- If the file name contains a .adr extension
- Or if the company file is larger than 3 GB
- Also, if the path of company files is too long
- Or the user is trying to save a backup to an external drive or flash drive
Method to fix the QuickBooks unable to backup company file error
The user can backup the company file into an external drive or flash drive. The steps to be performed to fix the issue are as follows:
- The very first step is to move to the file menu and select save copy or backup
- After that, choose the backup copy and hit next
- Select local backup and click on next
- When asked, where do you wish to save the backup copy and select save it now and hit next
- Browse to a location on the local drive and click on save tab
- Minimize the QuickBooks desktop
- Locate the backup file on the local drive
- Right click on the file and select copy
- Open a windows explorer window
- Double click on the drive letter that corresponds to the external drive or flash drive to open it
- Right click the file and select paste
After reading the post above, the user might be able to fix QuickBooks unable to backup company file error. However, if the error persists, the user is suggested to contact our QuickBooks desktop pro support team professionals at +1-844-405-0906, and let them fix the QuickBooks unable to backup company file error successfully.
Quickbooks payroll support phone number
windows 10 quickbooks
how to update quickbooks